Saturday 28 November 2015

Strawberries, Cream and Cupcakes.

No not a foodie post just a luscious little cardi made for a sweet little girl...



I'm so glad that I managed to get it finished in time to put into the box destined for knit for nowt and I hope that some little girl is going to love it and feel nice and warm while wearing it this winter.




As you know I like simple easy designs and this one certainly is that, I have used this pattern before here. Made in treble crochet (double treble US) it grows in no time.  The worst part for me as always is the sewing up and the careful placement of the buttonholes, I always get it wrong and have to do it again but this time I got it right first time which is just as well as I had little time to spare.
Stats
This is a 26 inch chest size and should fit a 5-7 year old. 
It took 250 grams of yarn, I used Stylecraft Special Aran in colours lipstick and cream.
You can find the pattern here
The cupcake pattern can be found here 




Stashbusters..
It's the end of the month so can you please link up your November projects in the November Stash Link Party and thank you to those who have done so already there are so many beautiful makes.
For those who are counting please leave me your totals here in a comment or in the totals section.
The December Link Party and your October favourites will be published on Tuesday the 1st.

I hope you are all having a great weekend, it's raining and blowing a gale here right now. :)






 photo e69a549e-0e33-465a-b88b-a6ebe916eaaa_zps34480328.jpg

12 comments:

  1. It is adorable , a little girl will absolutely love this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the super cute finish Linda. I knew you could get it done.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening Linda, Oh what a beautiful little cardigan... and I love the name you have given it... 'Strawberries, Cream and Cupcakes'.
    There is not a little girl who would not adore this little cardigan... you are amazing to make this gorgeous little cardigan from your stash buster wool. Now if I could only take a leaf out of your book and use my stash of material to make a quilt.... maybe after Christmas.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Best wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks yummy enough to eat!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty sweater you made and I too love the name you gave it.
    Stay warm and dry. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the name! Thank you for sharing with us at Snickerdoodle Sunday! Pinning!
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO cute!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable little cardigan, and such a cute cupcake embellishment. I'm sure any little girl would love this! I've been catching up with your blog posts Linda (and am like you and not had much spare time lately). Happy Birthday!! I'm sorry I missed that till so far after the date. I hope your family and friends took you out for dinner or maybe the disco!! All your little knitted/crocheted makes are looking wonderful. The charity is going to love opening your box! Great selection of boys and girls sets. Take care Linda, and let's not get too frazzled over Christmas, eh? Enjoy your weekend,
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute cardigan! I love the cupcake!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ The Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx